Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 7- Neon

Again, I'm a day late on posting my Day 7 nails for the May Nail Art Challenge.  I can't seem to get over this sinus infection :( Today's challenge was "neon".  I only have 2 neon colors right now unfortunately, so it wasn't too hard to decide what I wanted to do.  A while back I saw a cute mani done by someone on instagram with neon colors (see it on @bedizzle's instagram) I tried doing the link but my computer isn't working with me right now.  The colors I used for this mani are Wet n Wild Megalast in Limelight, Spoiled by Wet n Wild in Tip Your Waitress, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White on.  I used my only dotting tool for now, a toothpick hah, to create the dots.
This pink and green are probably my favorite colors right now.  They're so bright and pretty in real life.  The pink is also a sort of jelly polish so it's perfect for sandwiching glitter!  The green has a pretty shimmer to it, which I love.  It was hard to capture in a picture.  Unfortunately by the time I was done with the dots on this hand I didn't feel like doing it on the other...stupid sickness :/  I can't stand going anywhere with only one hand painted so I ended up taking this polish off and repainting both of my hands the green and I added a nail sticker on my two ring fingers for an accent.
I can't explain how in love with this green I am!  I guess if I actually had a lightbox you could see the true color of it better.  Sorry, that's something else I need to invest in.  I'm still newish to the nail art world so I'm lacking lots of tools.  Ok, sorry for the long post today! 
*I forgot to add, I think my nails are finally getting longer :))) They're still pretty short, but compared to my post on 4/22/13 they've grown!*

2 comments:

  1. Dots are always so cute!! love this cute little mani :)

    that green is awesome too!! it looks like a"glowstick".

    xoxo
    Jennifer @ The Country Nail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! I agree, dots are always cute. That green does look like a "glowstick" lol. Its my favorite! It looks like its almost a holo polish or like it has a lot of shimmer to it when you look at it close. I wish I could've gotten a better picture of it.

    ReplyDelete